Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween

Mason,

It's an unoriginal costume choice, but I always said that my baby, if I ever had one, would be a pumpkin on his or her first Halloween. I didn't even look at other infant costumes. A pumpkin was your only choice!


The hat was too big.


Finding a costume small enough was a challenge. The one you ended up wearing was size six months, but it's the best and smallest I could find. I wanted you to have a real costume, not just a onesie with a pumpkin on it.


You wore the costume on three different days, so I'd say we got our money's worth out of it!


The fleece kept you really warm, encouraging you to doze off each time you wore it.


You manned our door on Halloween.


But you kind of fell down on the job. The fleecy costume was just too cozy!


You had your best nap of the day while waiting for trick-or-treaters. You screamed when we took off your costume. If the green leaves around the neck weren't a suffocation hazard, I would consider letting you sleep in this costume every night. You loved it!

You made such a cute pumpkin, Sweetie! You can choose your own costume from now on. Thanks for humoring me for your first Halloween!

I love you!

Mommy

2 comments:

allison kee said...

The picture with the hat is too cute! Great costume!

G and G T said...

You get cuter and cuter. We love the costume.

Post a Comment