Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mommy's extended family

Mason,

You met a crew of people on our visit to Illinois.

Uncle Luke and Kim popped into town to see you.



The "big kids" fascinated you. You watched Peter, Daniel, James, and Elizabeth as they raced circles through Grandpa and Grandma's big farmhouse. How you longed to join them! 


Here you are with Ryan, your second cousin.


You also posed with Great Aunt Nancy and Great Uncle Steve.


And Great Uncle Jim and Great Aunt Susie.


The big kids paid a lot of attention to you, and they wanted you to run with the pack as much as you did.  The most memorable moment of the day occurred when four-year-old Daniel, the youngest "big kid", came up to me, frustrated, and asked, "When's Mason going to grow up?"

Now Cupcake, if you know anything at all about your mommy by now, you know exactly what this question did to my heart. I resisted the urge to shriek, "Hush your mouth, Daniel!" and instead, replied, "Daniel. Mason IS growing up! Every single minute, he's growing. Just like you are. He's growing too fast for me, just like you are for your mommy and daddy." Daniel looked at me, smiled, and nodded. He understood. And then he ran off to run with the big kids again.


You'll be running with the pack before Daddy and I are ready for it.

I love you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment