Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Mason,

Today we celebrated my first Father's Day! We had a great weekend as a family, spending Saturday on the National Mall and enjoying a picnic in Lincoln Park on Sunday after church. Of course, you had to dress appropriately for church.


But then daddy got to dress you for the picnic, and look how cute you look in Tennessee orange!


Of course, this isn't the first time you've looked so good. Father's Day seems like as good a time as any to show off a couple of my favorite Tennessee-themed pictures.





You were kind enough to get me a card for Father's Day. Of course, as soon as I had opened it, you found alternative uses for it. That's ok. I don't mind sharing! You also got me a gift card to my favorite coffee shop, which should come in handy the next time you decide to keep me up most of the night.


Mason, it's hard to express what a thrill celebrating Father's Day with you and Mommy is. I'm so thankful that God blessed us with you and made this day possible. And hopefully I'll get better with this daddy thing as we go along. On the other hand, your Mommy and I have been joking about how long a busy weekend with you will feel like a celebration. Don't be offended if I decide sneaking away for a round of golf with friends is a more relaxing way to celebrate this special day in the future. Although, come to think of it, I guess it's already started. Your big gift to me was tickets for a show at the Kennedy Center. Nothing says "happy Father's Day" like a chance to get away! I kid of course.

Thanks for a wonderful first Father's Day! You certainly know how to make a daddy feel special.

Love,
Daddy







No comments:

Post a Comment