Tuesday, November 22, 2011

one turkey picks up another

Mason,

A few years ago, I discovered the delight of cooking and eating a fresh turkey on Thanksgiving. Part of the experience includes joining the masses in picking up turkeys at Eastern Market a day or two before the holiday. What a joy to take you with me this year!

Grandma and Grandpa helped us prep for Thanksgiving dinner--I couldn't have pulled off this meal without their help this year. I would get 10 minutes into a recipe, you would start fussing, and I would return 30 minutes later to find the dish completed by Grandma and Grandpa. They did all the work while I cared for you--what lifesavers!

Here we are at the end of the turkey line.


We waited in line 40 minutes. You were a doll and put yourself to sleep in your car seat.


But then you woke up and helped me select fresh flowers for the table.


You weighed more than the turkey, but not much. You will have less patience for the turkey line in future years, if you accompany me on this errand. I hope you will, though. It's one of my favorite DC Thanksgiving traditions. I loved having you with me this year!

XOXO,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment