Monday, January 23, 2012

baby job

Mason,

Today was your first day at your baby job, also known as daycare. The pediatrician predicts you'll have a runny nose by the end of the week. Get excited!

It took us three trips to get out of the house with you and all your stuff. We were already running late because you threw up on me, something you'd never done before. Were you nervous, Honey? First days of anything can be nerve-racking.


You take your lunch to work like Daddy and I do. I fear the day when we forget your lunch.


Daddy and I (barely) held it together while we got you settled.


But then we cried after we left you. All things considered, your first day on the job didn't go too bad. You refused the bottle at first, but eventually gave in. You went on a nap strike. Today was the first day of your life that you didn't sleep at all during the day and you were a hot mess by the time I got you home, begging for night-night at 5 PM. Mason, this is the only job you'll ever have where you're strongly encouraged to sleep while you're there. Take advantage of it. You don't know how good you have it!

It's too bad your baby job doesn't come with a paycheck, even a baby one!

Miss you each day,

Mommy

1 comment:

Amy- Taylors East said...

So cute! I can't wait for Mason's first work promotion. I'm sure he'll be a "work" super star!

Post a Comment