Monday, December 12, 2011

your room

Mason,

It's taken me nearly three months (instead of three days like I thought-HA!), but I've finally finished your room! Thank goodness both sets of grandparents chipped in when they visited or we'd still be staring at blank walls. I send a special shout out to Grandma for doing the bulk of the sewing after I severely overestimated my sewing skills and underestimated the time needed to finish those blasted basket liners.

You adore the book festival poster that hangs over your changing pad. Each time you smile and coo at it, I remind you that you were only a week old when we took you there to get it. 


You were so patient while I took all these pictures!


And here's a closeup of those basket liners. They were a pain to make, but don't they look great?


We spend a majority of our time in the comfy glider. Your handprints and footprints adorn the wall, as well as a picture of Daddy and me taken three weeks before you were born. I looked a little different then.


When you turn into a pumpkin around 7 PM each night and Daddy and I carry you upstairs to begin the night-night routine, you go from melting down to pure giddiness when we enter you room. Your joy is palpable. You love your crib, and insist on sleeping there

I'm glad you love your room, Sweet Pea--we sure do spend a lot of time there!

Love you,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment