Friday, August 24, 2012

Dr. Mommy

Mason,

It's official! After giving my notice in early March, and enduring a long transition that included working from home all summer, today was my last official day of working full-time outside the home. I'm all yours now! No more leaving you for 9+ hours per day to go to the office. No more sitting on the floor next to you with my laptop carefully placed just out of your reach while I fire off as many emails as I can before you lose patience. No more saying, "Just one more minute, Mason. I'm in the middle of something." Well, I take that back. Those words may pass my lips again, but it won't be because I'm trying to balance a full-time job with caring for you all day every day, at least, not for the foreseeable future.

Now, don't get me wrong--I'll still be working. In fact, this new gig is the most important and demanding one I've ever had. My efforts are just focused solely inside the home now, on you and Daddy and our little family. I've said goodbye to my office, title, paycheck, benefits, paid vacation, and other perks. I can't think of a better reason to give those things up, though. You're pretty irresistible. Besides, Dr. Mommy has a pretty nice ring to it.

Like with any job, there will be good days and bad ones at home, but as long as you understand and respect that I am in charge, we'll get along just fine.:) Especially as you get older and more mobile, I fully expect you to wear me out each day. I am a high-energy person, but your energy knows no bounds.

Daddy's a hero for continuing to work outside the home to provide for our little family and for supporting us in every way. I'm very much looking forward to taking good care of all three of us!

It's a great privilege to spend these precious days with you, Cupcake, but it's an even greater privilege to be your mommy.

Eagerly anticipating our daily adventures together!

I love you!

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment