Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mason,

From our first picture together


to our official Mother's Day photo, taken today,


you've filled my days with joy and thankfulness.

We had a fun Mother's Day celebration. About a month ago, we shopped at Home Depot for my gift: hanging flower baskets for the deck. It was your first time riding like a big boy in a shopping cart, and you had a ball! You amused us and the other customers by smiling, laughing, babbling, and shouting as we shopped.


Yesterday, we enjoyed a family trip to the zoo and came home via Eastern Market so that you and Daddy could buy me some flowers. This morning after church and cards, we went on a picnic in Lincoln Park.



Sweet cupcake, the day you were born, I fell in love like I never have before. Being your mommy is a great privilege, and it's not something I take for granted. These past nearly eight months have involved many changes that have not always been easy, but my life is now richer in unexpected ways. I thank God for giving me such a sweet, spirited, and healthy little guy. You're an endearing little grouch, and you've captured my whole heart!


Thanks to you and Daddy for making my first Mother's Day so special. I love you both bunches!

XOXO,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment