Saturday, March 3, 2012

first family run

Mason,

The last time we ran together was on your due date, September 14, 2011, which was three days before you were born. Sadly, I was in better running shape then than I am now. Today, Daddy joined our party and we went out for a family run. Daddy and I have a 10-mile race in less than a month, and we are unprepared.

You donned your running outfit.


In your excitement, you flashed us your teeth.


You're sweet for aspiring to one day run like me, Honey. Maybe you'll inherit my diligence and perseverance.


But definitely shoot for Daddy's form and speed.


You fell asleep as soon as we began and woke up in an awesome mood when we got home. Running while pushing you is a workout--Daddy and I have both been sore all day, and we only went out for three miles.


I've missed running with you, Cupcake. I'm thrilled you're big enough now to come with us. One day, Lord willing, we will run family races together. Daddy and I can't wait to cheer you on across the finish line!

I love you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment